Pages

Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Ch-ch-ch-changes!

As you may or may not have noticed, I have made a lot of changes to this blog lately, including the name.

eco Beauty all yours
..is now..
eco Birdy

What's in a name?
Formerly, "eco Beauty all yours" was a play on words in that the first letters spelled out "eBay", the location of my online store. It wasn't particularly an attractive or creative name, but it worked for awhile. Now, though, I'm ready to start promoting my blog more, become a more active online presence with social media and the like, and so decided I needed a new name. Something simple, cute and quirky yet easy to remember. A name that fits me as a person as well as my store. I chose eco Birdy, a name still suggestive of "eBay" and "eco Beauty", but better than before and more.. me.

Birdy: A story of teenage cruelty, self-image and the like..
When I was in high school, I had the nickname of Birdy. You see, in the middle of my face, where most people have a nose, I have a beak. Haha, not really, but I do have a slightly large, rather crooked nose. At this point in my life, I love myself just the way I am, but as a teenager my nose made me feel ugly. One day at school, I was listening and nodding along to a story a friend was telling me, when an eavesdropping boy started laughing and said that me nodding reminded him of a bird pecking at the ground. I was hurt, shocked to silence as the entire classroom watched my face go dark red, but my dear friend spoke up for me and said, "Yes, she's a pretty birdie alright." And just like that, a nickname was born that some of my oldest friends still call me.

You're such a tease!
Birds are such beautiful creatures, and plenty of green companies have taken them as logos. Sometime in the near future, I plan to acquire my own personalized birdy logo, but for now I am focusing on a super Black Friday deal for my eBay store! I won't spoil the surprise, but I will tell you the giveaway features products from four green brands that represent themselves with birds. I have a post with full details all typed up and scheduled to post automatically at 12:01 AM CST on Black Friday, so make sure you come back to see me then because I only have supplies to give away to eight customers! I hope to see you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment